Saturday, May 16, 2009

Viewer Discretion Advised


This is not exactly how I wanted "Bike to Work Week" to end. I had planned something more glorious - riding in the San Jose Bike Party Friday night ride. Instead, while riding home from work I braked too hard to avoid riding into a car and my bike stopped then skidded out on gravel and I kept going and landed on the street. Now listen up bike riders: ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET! The damage would have been a lot worse if I had not been wearing my helmet. Also: ALWAYS CARRY A CELL PHONE! One call and my Forest Hill friends came to my rescue, took me to urgent care, took away my bike and took me home. I love you guys.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's some street cred right there.

The day I finally got out my old bike and started riding again I took a fall on some gravel over near Franklin Mall in Santa Clara. Gashed up my arm pretty good. Somehow that inspired me to buy a new bike, and I've been running around almost exclusively on it for a couple of years now.

Have you been to Bike Party yet? May was my second go round. I saw a lot more falls this time out. Maybe something was in the air. Stumbly bikers all over San Jose.

I just found your blog, and love it. I'm another San Jose blogger, but so far I've been covering mostly my west side haunts. It looks like you've got downtown covered, so I'm going to have to link over a bunch.

Shannon

JoAnn Freda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Basically, Baby Boots said...

I hope that you had a speedy recovery and are back to riding again.