Friday, February 13, 2009

Joy for Sale





When I first noticed these gift stands that pop up on Easter, mothers' day, Christmas and valentine's day, I found them rather depressing. It made me sad to think people were spending hard-earned money on teddy bears and flowers and other transient gift items. But I've come around and I have a new perspective. Upon closer inspection I saw that the flowers were really quite nice. The proprietors of the holiday stands make the arrangements themselves from fresh flowers. The floral arrangements and teddy bear gifts cost as little as $8 and the most expensive item I saw (a massive teddy bear/flower combination) was $35. It's a pleasure to receive flowers and kind of sad when you don't. So I say "Go for it guys, bring a little bliss into someone's life!"

No comments: