Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nasdaq Moves to San Jose for the Day, Just in Time for My 100th Post




 I had an idea for the subject of my 100th post but when I woke up this morning to the news that the opening bell for Nasdaq would be rung in the San Jose City Hall rotunda in 24 minutes, I dressed quickly, grabbed my camera and rode down to city hall.  I made it with minutes to spare and was pretty impressed with the glamor of the event, the number of press members

and the large crowd.  It is a special occasion when the ceremonial opening bell is rung anywhere but New York.  The Nasdaq executives were here to observe the 20th anniversary of its presence in Silicon Valley.

By coincidence the company Financial Engines was here for the opening as the country's latest IPO.  If you want to be there for the ceremonial ringing of the closing bell, our very own mayor Chuck Reed will be ringing it at 1:30 today (again in the rotunda of San Jose City Hall).

1 comment:

Joshua Santos said...

Very nice, congratulations on your 100th post!