Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fans Flock to San Jose for NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Is it just me or is it really easy to get caught up in March Madness?  My first awareness of the NCAA championships came when I moved to Champaign, Illinois in 1971 and I have never seen anything like that level of excitement and obsession about basketball since I moved back to California.  But when I got off light rail in downtown San Jose yesterday I picked up on a very heightened adrenalin level.

I heard this group from a block away.  They were incredibly pumped up and irresistibly friendly.

This group had a friendly rivalry going on with a lot of pom-pom pushing.


This group was unanimous in their allegience.
These guys started to rattle off the rankings (I believe they said UNM was 8th, "Nationally."

Non-partisan paper salesman. I hope the NCAA tournament was good for his business as well as other businesses downtown.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I guess I have never posted the actual recipe we use for the Sweet & Sour Broccoli and Tofu dish, but I'm sure I could e-mail you the sauce recipe if you e-mail me (I don't see an e-mail link on your page): cafecyan at yahoo.com