Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Farm Stand is Now Open


Today and every Saturday until the end of the growing season, the Veggielution Farm Stand will be open from 2:30 to 5:30.  Right now they are selling  green garlic, beets, cilantro, rosemary, green onions, lettuce, choi sum, collards, kale, broccoli, arugula, chard, and pak choi. They sell on a sliding scale with 3 levels: 1. I can't afford to pay anything right now. 2. I can pay about what I'd pay in a supermarket and 3. I can afford to pay a little extra to support Veggielution.  I bought some fine looking arugula which I plan to use in a grilled Swiss and arugula panini. The stand is set up right in front of the Emma Prusch farm house.  



Here is some calendula growing right in front of the farm stand.  Calendula's greatest virtue is that it blooms in every month of the year. 


No comments: