Monday, September 7, 2009

So Much Happening in San Jose, I Can't Keep Up!

Last weekend I blogged about the opening of Safeway and the re-opening of Carnegie Library but there were at least two other special events I attended that I just can't ignore here.  For a period of nine days, San Jose State University played host to a series of free open-air concerts by Symphony Silicon Valley.  I really dropped the ball on this one because I didn't get to one until the last day but it was a delight!  The theme was Brass Band and Ice Cream Social with Tony Clements conducting.  There was free ice cream (from Treat) and free bottled water and a very laid-back atmosphere.  Nobody telling you "Don't sit there, don't do that, you can't ride your bike here."  None of that.  Just relaxing fun.
And then there was the Bicycle Express 25th anniversary celebration and bar-b-que.  They really went all out with free food and drinks, a live band and a raffle with fabulous prizes (I was one of the winners!) Congratulations and thank you Bicycle Express for serving the bicycling community for 25 years.

1 comment:

margot said...

I'm glad you got around to blogging these events, since you enjoyed them both so much. Now you'll have to teach me the fancy layout.