Friday, April 17, 2009

Mmmmm, Yogurt




I am sort of a late-comer to the whole natural tart yogurt craze but now that I'm here, I am staunchly onboard.  I first tried tart frozen yogurt at Yolicious (on San Fernando between 3rd and 4th).  I had the plain with sprinkles.  I loved it.  I have visited often enough to have a good start on filling up a frequent buyer card and I don't care if frequent buyer cards were mocked on Will and Grace as being pathetic.  Then in the interest of being fair and balanced, I tried Penguin Frozen Yogurt (on Santa Clara between 1st and 2nd) and really they are virtually indistinguishable from one another.  The stores are quite different though.  Yolicious is pink and clean and happy and fun where Penguin appears to be going for an industrial look.  Penguin has more toppings but Yolicious has Satura desserts (great cakes!).  But I have to give the nod to Yolicious because they don't have Fox news with Bill O' Reilly being broadcast from a large screen TV.  Either way you like it, with or without Bill O'Reilly, natural tart frozen yogurt is delicious.

1 comment:

margot said...

Did you know that Trader Joe's know sells tart yogurt in cartons? Unfortunately, it's not nearly as good as getting it in a yogurt shop. I also tried to make frozen yogurt last summer and it was good at first, then got way too hard.